The 2023 Annual Conference on
Advancing School Mental Health
Building Hopeful Futures for All Youth
December 5-7 | New Orleans, LA
Stay on top of all conference announcements by registering for our listserv!
If you require special accommodations to attend or participate in the 2023 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health, please provide information about your requirements to the National Center for School Mental Health (410-706-0980 or email@example.com). Deadline is Monday November 20, 2023.
Tuesday, December 5 8am-6pm
- On-site registration
- Attendee check-in
- Keynote address
- Conference sessions
Wednesday, December 6 8am-6pm
- Keynote address
- School mental health awards
- Conference sessions
- Networking reception
Thursday, December 7 8a-12pm
- Intensive training sessions
The 2023 School Mental Health Awards will be awarded in person during our in-person conference, December 5-7, 2023, in New Orleans, LA. We are currently accepting nominations for four categories:
- Juanita Cunningham Evans Memorial Award
- School Mental Health Champion Award
- School Mental Health Research Award
- Youth and Family Partnership Award
Descriptions can be found in the flier below and on the submission survey. Submit your nomination(s) through our online portal by September 30, 2023.
- To download the image file above, right click and save.
- Download the PDF: 2023 ASMH Award Nominations Flier
Continuing Education credits and Continuing Medical credits will be sought for the following professions: counselors, family therapists, health educators, nurses, physicians, psychologists, and social workers. You may select your field/credit options during registration.
Each year, the Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health brings together leaders, practitioners, researchers, family members, advocates, and other partners in the school mental health field to share the latest research and best practices. The conference emphasizes a shared school-family-community agenda to bring mental health promotion, prevention, and intervention to students and families as part of a multi-tiered system of supports. This conference is hosted by the National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH). If you have any questions, please contact the NCSMH team at 410-706-0980 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference will be held at the Marriott in New Orleans, LA. The University of Maryland School of Medicine has secured discounted group rates for $189/night. Hotel room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes (currently 14.45% plus $3.00 per room, per night as a city occupancy fee) in effect at the time of check-in, as well as a New Orleans Convention & Visitor's Bureau Assessment of 1.75% of each room rate, per room, per night. Room rates are based on single/double occupancy. Each additional person is $25.00 per person plus applicable taxes. Reservations must be received on or before November 13, 2023, 11:50pm PT. Make your hotel reservation.
All presenters must confirm their acceptance through the link provided in their acceptance email. In August, all confirmed presenters for live conference, symposia, and intensive training sessions will receive their presentation date/time, along with a toolkit to support preparations.
- All confirmed presenters will receive a link to upload their materials.
- Pre-recorded on-demand session mp4 files are due November 1, 2023.
- Live presentation materials are due November 15, 2023.
- Modify and include Disclosure Slide Templates in your presentation.
|Standard (through 11/30/23)||Late (12/1/23 - 12/7/23)|
|Presenter & Advisory Board||$410||$410|
*Must upload student identification during registration.
Cancellations, Substitutions, and Refunds
Substitutions will be accepted. Registration cancellations must be submitted by September 29, 2023. No verbal requests will be excepted. All requests must be made via email BEFORE September 29, 2023. Follow the instructions below for registration cancellations or substitutions.
- Return to the registration confirmation email if you wish to substitute your registration. Click the link provided to modify your registration. Enter your email address and the confirmation number to access your registration. You may also contact Christina Walker at email@example.com no later than September 16, 2023.
- If you wish to cancel your registration and receive a refund, you must contact Christina Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE September 29, 2023. A $95 administrative fee will be applied to all refunds. Allow four weeks for refunds to be processed.
- No cancellations will be accepted after September 29, 2023, for medical-, personal-, or work-related reasons.
For groups with 10 or more people, a $10 discount per person is available. Registrations and payment for the entire group must be received at the same time to be eligible for this discount. Contact Christina Walker with any questions about group discounts at email@example.com.
The request for proposals is closed.
The National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH) at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, does not endorse or approve any commercial products. While it is usually unnecessary, the NCSMH reserves the right to substitute or cancel sessions.
Previous Annual Conferences
- 2022 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health-Virtual
- 2021 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health-Virtual
- 2020 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health-Virtual
- 2019 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health-Austin, TX
- 2018 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health-Las Vegas, NV
- 2017 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health-Washington, DC
- 2016 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health-San Diego, CA
- 2015 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health-New Orleans, LA