National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH)
Welcome to the National Center for School Mental Health.
The mission of the National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH) is to strengthen policies and programs in school mental health to improve learning and promote success for America's youth. From its inception in 1995, the Center's leadership and interdisciplinary staff has promoted the importance of providing mental health services to children, adolescents, and families directly in schools and communities.
News and Resources
- Apply to present at the 2021 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health.
- Support students, families, and communities impacted by bias, hate and violence:
- In collaboration with the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP), we created the brief Effective School-Community Partnerships to Support School Mental Health.
- View Assessing Social Influencers of Health and Education, an issue brief created by the Center for Health and Health Care in Schools.
- View the February 2021 newsletter.
- Join us for free monthly webinars through the School Mental Health Virtual Learning Series. Visit our Webinars pages to learn more.
- Check out this School Mental Health NOW Action Alert!
- Our Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health was virtual and free on October 29, 2020. Access our collection of over 250 pre-recorded conference sessions--all free!
- Get into SHAPE! Register with the SHAPE system to improve the quality of your school mental health system.
- Call for Abstracts: Perspectives on Early Childhood Psychology and Education