National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH)
Welcome to the National Center for School Mental Health.
The mission of the National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH) is to strengthen policies and programs in school mental health to improve learning and promote success for America's youth. From its inception in 1995, the Center's leadership and interdisciplinary staff has promoted the importance of providing mental health services to children, adolescents, and families directly in schools and communities.
News and Resources
- The Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health is virtual and free this year! Join us October 29 for an afternoon of learning. Register here!
- Are you supporting schools, students, communities, and families after natural disasters? View our Natural Disaster Resources to support students coping with the preparation and aftermath of natural disasters.
- View our upcoming and recent webinars. Join us for the School Mental Health Virtual Learning Series Flier: Fall 2020 in collaboration with the Central East MHTTC.
- Get into SHAPE! Register with the SHAPE system to improve the quality of your school mental health system.
- We are excited to share our collaboration with the Center for Health Care in Schools and the School-Based Health Alliance on Understanding Social Influencers of Health and Education: A Role for School-Based Health Centers and Comprehensive School Mental Health Systems.
- Advancing Comprehensive School Mental Health Systems: Guidance from the Field offers collective insight and guidance to local communities and states to advance comprehensive school mental health systems.