National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH)
Welcome to the National Center for School Mental Health.
The mission of the National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH) is to strengthen policies and programs in school mental health to improve learning and promote success for America's youth. From its inception in 1995, the Center's leadership and interdisciplinary staff has promoted the importance of providing mental health services to children, adolescents, and families directly in schools and communities.
News and Resources
- We are compiling resources to support schools in anti-racism and equity efforts.
- Check out our webinar series on Innovation and Emerging Best Practices with the School-Based Health Alliance as part of the School Health Services National Quality Initiative.
- COVID-19 concerns? We've compiled tips and resources to help you and your community stay healthy.
- Get into SHAPE! Register with the SHAPE system to improve the quality of your school mental health system.
- Advancing Comprehensive School Mental Health Systems: Guidance from the Field offers collective insight and guidance to local communities and states to advance comprehensive school mental health systems.
- The Mental Health Technology Transfer Center National School Mental Health Curriculum is available.