National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH)
Welcome to the National Center for School Mental Health.
The mission of the National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH) is to strengthen policies and programs in school mental health to improve learning and promote success for America's youth. From its inception in 1995, the Center's leadership and interdisciplinary staff has promoted the importance of providing mental health services to children, adolescents, and families directly in schools and communities.
News and Resources
- NEW Application Posted! 2021-2022 Collaborative Innovation and Improvement Network (CoIIN) . For more information about the Comprehensive School Mental Health CoIIN and the application, please view this webinar.
- View the February 2021 newsletter.
- Support your staff, students, and families during natural disasters: Natural Disaster Resources.
- Join us for free monthly webinars through the School Mental Health Virtual Learning Series. Visit our Webinars pages to learn more.
- Check out this School Mental Health NOW Action Alert!
- Our Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health was virtual and free on October 29, 2020. Access our collection of over 250 pre-recorded conference sessions--all free!
- Get into SHAPE! Register with the SHAPE system to improve the quality of your school mental health system.
- We are excited to share our collaboration with the Center for Health Care in Schools and the School-Based Health Alliance on Understanding Social Influencers of Health and Education: A Role for School-Based Health Centers and Comprehensive School Mental Health Systems.