National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH)
Welcome to the National Center for School Mental Health.
The mission of the National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH) is to strengthen policies and programs in school mental health to improve learning and promote success for America's youth. From its inception in 1995, the Center's leadership and interdisciplinary staff has promoted the importance of providing mental health services to children, adolescents, and families directly in schools and communities.
Register for the on-demand sessions of the Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health (promo code RECORDED) for $99 through December 31, 2021.
- Get into SHAPE! Register with the SHAPE system to improve the quality of your school mental health system.
- View our October 2021 newsletter and subscribe to our listserv!
- Beacon Survey Recruitment Flyer - recruiting teachers for research through the Center for Intervention Research in Schools.
Events, webinars, and trainings:
- Understanding and Addressing the Social Influencers of Health and Education - Tuesday, October 26th, 3pm ET.
- View our upcoming and recorded webinars.
- Youth Mental Health First Aid opportunity for school professionals.
Supporting students, families, and communities impacted by bias, hate and violence:
- Supporting Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders Impacted by Racism
- Supporting Muslim Communities
- Supporting Communities Impacted by Violence
- Supporting Transgender Staff and Students
- Advocating for Comprehensive School Mental Health (with the Family Run Executive Director Leadership Association)
- Effective School-Community Partnerships to Support School Mental Health (with the National Association of School Psychologists)
- Natural Disaster Resources
- Restart & Recovery: Leveraging Federal COVID Relief Funding & Medicaid to Support Student & Staff Wellbeing & Connection - Opportunities for State Education Agencies (with the Healthy Schools Campaign and Council of Chief State School Officers)
- School Mental Health NOW Action Alert
- Social Influencers of Health and Education (with the Center for Health and Health Care in Schools)
- Supporting Mental health in Schools (with the American Academy of Pediatrics)