National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH)
Welcome to the National Center for School Mental Health.
The mission of the National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH) is to strengthen policies and programs in school mental health to improve learning and promote success for America's youth. From its inception in 1995, the Center's leadership and interdisciplinary staff has promoted the importance of providing mental health services to children, adolescents, and families directly in schools and communities.
The 2023 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health will be announced shortly!
The On-Demand Library of the 2022 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health is available through March 31, 2023 for $99 or complimentary with 2022 conference registration.
- Apply to be a School Mental Health Counselor, Prince George's County School Mental Health Initiative (Prince George's County, Maryland)
- The School Mental Health Virtual Learning Series is back for 2023! Join us for free monthly webinars.
- View our February 2023 newsletter and subscribe to our listserv!
- Get into SHAPE! Register with the SHAPE system to improve the quality of your school mental health system.
- Cultural Inclusiveness and Equity (CIE) Well-being Information and Strategies for Educators (WISE) from the Central East MHTTC and the NCSMH.
- Check out Advancing Comprehensive School Mental Health Systems for the related resources: 1) Guidance From the Field, 2) The Dialogue Guide Package, and 3) State Policy Opportunities.
- Protecting Youth Mental Health - The US Surgeon General's Advisory
- Social Influencers of Health and Education (with the Center for Health and Health Care in Schools)