National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH)
Welcome to the National Center for School Mental Health.
The mission of the National Center for School Mental Health (NCSMH) is to strengthen policies and programs in school mental health to improve learning and promote success for America's youth. From its inception in 1995, the Center's leadership and interdisciplinary staff has promoted the importance of providing mental health services to children, adolescents, and families directly in schools and communities.
2023 Annual Conference On-Demand Sessions
Over 70 on-demand sessions from the 2023 Annual Conference on Advancing School Mental Health are available online. These are included with live conference registration. If you did not register for the live conference, you may access this on-demand library for $99.
- Needs Assessment and Resource Mapping
- Tier 1: Mental Health Promotion Services and Supports
- Tiers 2 & 3: Early Intervention and Treatment Services and Supports
- Funding and Sustainability
- Join us Tuesday February 13 for a free webinar - Understanding and Preventing Youth Suicide.
- We are hiring!
- Senior Media and Public Relations Specialist (Baltimore, MD)
- School Mental Health Counselor, University of Maryland School Mental Health Program (Baltimore, Maryland)
- School Mental Health Counselor, Prince George's School Mental Health Initiative (Prince George's County, Maryland)
- Subscribe to our mailing list!
- Get into SHAPE! Register with the SHAPE system to improve the quality of your school mental health system.
- Social Influencers of Health and Education series with the School-Based Health Alliance and the Center for Health and Health Care in Schools:
- Mental Health and Schools: Best Practices to Support Our Students - Implications for Policy, Systems, and Practices from the Baker Center for Children and Families Evidence-Based Policy Institute.
- Tapping into Federal COVID-19 Relief Funding & Medicaid to Support the Wellbeing of Students from the NCSMH, the Council of Chief State School Officers and the Healthy Schools Campaign.
- Cultural Inclusiveness and Equity (CIE) Well-being Information and Strategies for Educators (WISE) from the Central East MHTTC and the NCSMH.