A-Z Disorder Guide (NYU Child Study Center)
This user-friendly guide provides an overview of many clinical disorders that impact children.
School Based Intervention: Symptoms and Strategies (Schoolpsychiatry.org)
A very useful website on how to select and apply interventions in the classroom that address specific symptoms of mental health disorders.
Attentional and Conduct Disorders
The section on Behavior Management may be helpful for families of children with ADHD and behavior disorders.
ADHD Basics (LD Online)
Provides an overview of the symptoms, diagnoses, causes, and treatment of ADHD
Creating a Daily Report Card for the Home (Center for Children and Families)
This guide is designed for parents to use with children who have ADHD, or who have behavioral difficulties in the home.
School-Home Daily Report Card Resource Packet (Center for Children and Families)
This ten-page worksheet is designed to help clinicians and educators set up a school-home daily report card for students with ADHD.
Targeting Home-School Collaboration for Students with ADHD (LD Online)
Information on how to successfully collaborate with the school in supporting your child's IEP goals in the classroom and at home.
Depression and Suicide
Child & Adolescent Bipolar Foundation
An organization focused on providing information, resources and support for families, clinicians and educators who are impacted by bipolar and related disorders. The search engine allows visitors to drill down to specific information by subject, audience, category or resource type.
- Education Corner - Information and resources for educators and parents reguarding bipolar disorder
- Getting Started - Comprehensive article for parents who suspect a mood disorder or whose child has recently been diagnosed
- Become an Effective Educational Advocate - How parents can become effective advocates for their child
- Mastering the IEP Process for Children with Bipolar Disorder
- Helping Children with Bipolar Disorder Master the Transition to Life Beyond High School
Treating Bipolar Disorder: Discover a Treatment Option
Healthline provides a very comprehensive overview of biopolar disorder as a critical starting point for individuals and/or their loved ones.
Grief and Trauma